How the dinners work:
The concept is that the hosts of these parties will agree to allow us to use their kitchen, dining space, dishes, tables, chairs, napkins etc. in exchange for a dinner party for their closest 13-16 friends. The host’s (up to two per event) will not be charged for their meals but will need to commit to a few things.
A virtual consultation meeting:
A few days prior we would like to speak on skype or gmail chat to go over details of the dinner and to ideally see the space. At this time we will also talk about the exact menu and go over the checklist together once more. If we have already done a dinner in your home before then this won’t be necessary.
Responsibilities of the Host:
- Confirm attendance of minimum 13 guests (not including hosts)
- Let us know if there are any guests with allergies or dietary restrictions
- Make as much room as possible in the refrigerator
- Allow us to use your kitchen for 5 hours before the dinner and of course during the duration of the dinner (if the dinner is at 7pm, we would like to arrive at 2pm)
- Provide a clean dining area
- Provide your choice of drinking water (tap, filtered or bottled)
- Provide everything listed on the kitchen checklist (everything on the kitchen checklist most people who cook have and you can borrow things from neighbors, family or friends, you should not have to buy anything new)
- Prepare and serve a delicious menu created uniquely for you and your friends
- Bring all the necessary ingredients and wine for the dinner
- Help arrange and set up dining area
- Leave the kitchen and dining area clean after the party
The dinner is 125 dollars per person, including welcome cocktail and wine pairings.
We ask for a $250 dollar deposit to be made into our Chase bank account or through paypal (which does have a non-refundable 2.9% service fee) within 48 hours of booking your dinner date. The deposit is just to hold the reservation, and will be returned to the host the day of the dinner or deducted from the total, whichever you prefer.
This deposit is 100% refundable (except for paypal service fees) if you cancel your dinner reservation with 21 business days notice. Deposits will not be returned if reservation is cancelled with less than 21 business days notice.
How to book a dinner:
Please send an email to email@example.com with the date you would like and which city you live in. If you are flexible you can include your first, second and third choice of evenings. We respond to the emails in the order we receive them and of course, Fridays through Sundays book up quickly!
This menu is the base upon which we will build throughout the tour. The dishes will be completed with local and indigenous ingredients in their prospective regions and will be accompanied by Argentine wines, which we provide.
corn and barley chicha with pisco
chorimar – mixed seafood chorizo with chimichurri
halibut ceviche, zucchini, yellow chile sauce and fried corn kernels
Wine Pairing: Torrontés, Coquena, Salta
seasonal fruit granita
empanada gallega with local fish, tomato & mushroom sauce, roasted root vegetables with malbec reduction
Wine Pairing: Malbec, Coquena, Salta
seasonal fruit filled phyllo dough pastelito, local flower infused cream
served with an iced gaucho blanco